Lunch and Learn
Thursday March 30 – 11 am Music provided by Dunwich Highland Bellringers
Come hear this adult handbell choir that provides its gifts of music in churches and for special occasions. If you have never heard the bells played then you will be amazed. You may even want to join the choir!
Gifts for Mission & Services support ministries across Canada and around the world in a wide variety of outreach initiatives including peace and justice work undertaken with global partners, funding for seven theological schools and three education centres that educate and equip future church leaders. One example is Stella’s Circle in St. John’s, NL for people struggling with homelessness or other social barriers. They receive a range of compassionate, practical support to improve their lives, including community-building and wellness programs that comfort the spirit. Stella’s Inclusion Choir is a joyful place where members can connect, make music in a warm and inclusive environment, and then enjoy a delicious nutritious supper together.
How it Works
The United Church of Canada developed Gifts with Vision in response to member requests to be able to give gifts to relatives, friends, and loved ones that are in direct support of the church’s Mission & Service partners.
For example, you can choose to alleviate poverty and hunger in communities across Canada, in the industrialized Western nations, and in the global South. Together, our actions can not only to feed the hungry and care for the poor, but also change systems that perpetuate resource inequities.
And, you’ll always receive a charitable tax receipt. To choose the type of initiative you want to support, visit Gifts with Vision here
Our Mission: Believe. Be Kind. Belong.
Our Vision: With God’s help, as a diverse family, we are devoted to building an engaged, passionate, and spiritually healthy community of people.
- In Jesus Christ our Saviour
- In sharing and celebrating our faith, as we all grow in God together
- That small things done with great love will change the world
- In our Community
- We meet human needs in God’s name without discrimination
- We love and care for one another as God’s people
- We focus upon those who are yearning to grow in love and compassion and those who are not
- We create a Church that can be a safe gathering place for all people
- We connect people to Jesus Christ and to each other
- We strive to serve the people not only living in our area, but also other all over the world
- We provide opportunities for service, outreach, and improvement in our community